Learn how to set-up Shopify Conversion Tracking with LinkedIn Ads. You can add the LinkedIn Insight Tag to your Shopify Website and then set-up Conversion Tracking for Purchases, Add to Cart actions, and more on your Shopify website. You can also use conversion tracking for key pages for when customers contact you or sign-up for a newsletter. You can set-up conversions for every time someone views your ad and for every time someone clicks on your ad and then purchases something on your Shopify website. You want to use conversion tracking with LinkedIn Ads because it will allow you to optimize your campaigns for key actions on your website. LinkedIn Conversion Tracking: https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/conversion-tracking Setting up LinkedIn Conversion Tracking: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/67514/setting-up-linkedin-conversion-tracking?lang=en Steps: 1. You will need a LinkedIn Advertising account and a Shopify website to get started. 2. Once you create your LinkedIn Advertising account, you want to navigate to https://www.linkedin.com/ad-beta/account to open up your advertising account. You want to be in the main Campaign Manager screen after you click on your account. 3. Next, click on the 'Account Assets' dropdown menu and open up the 'Insight Tag' page and the 'Conversions' page. We will start on the page for your LinkedIn Insight Tag. 4. You want to create a LinkedIn Insight Tag if you haven't, and then click on the 'Manage Insight Tag' dropdown menu, and choose to install the tag yourself. You will have to copy the tag from your account. 5. Next, head over to your Shopify website, go to your 'Online Store' link and then 'Themes' to view your active theme. You will click on the 'Actions' drop-down menu and then Edit Code. From there, you will open the theme.liquid file to paste your LinkedIn Insight tag directly above the closing 'body' tag at the very bottom of your code. Make sure it is above the closing body tag and click on save. 6. Next, you will click on Settings at the bottom left, and then open the 'Checkout' page from the settings menu. You want to scroll down to Order Processing, and paste your LinkedIn Insight tag in the field for 'Additional Scripts.' 7. Last but not least, you will head over to the Conversions page in your LinkedIn Advertising account, create a Purchase conversion for any URL that contains the text 'thank_you' (You don't need to add the quotes) so it can track every purchase on your Shopify website. You can add that conversion to specific campaigns as well and use it in future Conversion campaigns. Benefits of LinkedIn Conversion Tracking:
– Measure the overall impact of your LinkedIn Advertising campaigns in order to optimize them and drive more conversions and a higher Return on Ad Spend.
– Connect your LinkedIn Ads to specific conversions on your website.
– See how ads can improve and impact downloads, sign-ups, purchases, add to cart actions, and more from people who have either clicked or viewed your LinkedIn Advertising campaign ads.
– Use Automated Bidding in Campaign Manager to get more conversions at a lower cost. Campaigns tend to improve over the course of time.
– Learn more about your website demographics and who is converting with LinkedIn Insights. You can get more data that will help you with your ad targeting.
Shopify LinkedIn Ads Conversion Tracking – Add The LinkedIn Insight Tag To Shopify Website